I would not believe this could happen IF it weren’t happening to me.
I moved to Ohio in 2000 when I got married. I thought my prayers were answered. We had a beautiful place to live and bring up kids and grandkids on a lake. In 2003, I was sent a letter by an attorney. A neighbor had claimed:
- Our deck blocks their view of the lake, but the deck was put on some 15 years ago.
- That I throw dog poo in people’s yards.
- That the swing set installed by my husband’s grandfather around the 1930′s was theirs too because they enjoyed it for so many years and we had no right to remove it.
- That my trees block their view of the lake.
- That I am rude to people.
- That we are over here killing each other. (This was one of several unexpected visits from the local Sherriff. We in fact were playing Yatzee with the kids.)
I could go on and on. This is not a joke. It is happening, and it’s costing us our livelihood. It has cost us well over $10,000 to protect our family, our property and our rights. This has emotionally and financially drained us. I have been afraid to go outside as the neighbor who put this together has spit on me, chased me down on a rider mower, and has 400 plus pictures of me and my friends and family and our property. Yet he is suing me??