This list features the year’s ten most popular stories featured in our monthly polls.
The Top Ten Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2014 are:
- Plaintiff in Pending Disability Lawsuit Topples Huge, Historic Boulder
- Little League Coach Sues Player Over Celebratory Helmet Toss
- NY Man Sues for More Money Than Exists on Planet Earth
- Rescuers Sued By Man They Pulled From Floodwaters
- CA Town Victimized by Plaintiffs’ Attorney Who Has Filed More Than 3,000 Lawsuits
- NYC Woman Spooked by “Dexter” Ad Sues MTA, Showtime for Subway Fall
- Baseball Fan Caught Sleeping on Camera, Sues ESPN for $10 million
- Minimum Wage for Court-Ordered Community Service?
- Jimmy John’s Lawsuit “Sprouts” Hefty Payday for Lawyers – Vouchers for Victims
- Woman Sues Disney for $250M, Claims “Frozen” Stolen From Her Life’s Story
“This list puts a light-hearted face on a serious problem: that as a country, we simply sue too much,” said Lisa A. Rickard, president of the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform. “In fact, the collective toll that abusive lawsuits take on our society and our economy is no laughing matter. Lawsuits should be a last resort, not a first option.”